Monday, December 19, 2011

What is up with Google toolbar being package in all kinds of common software?

It's like Google is spamming us or forcing their stuff down our throats. If I want Google toolbar, I'll go to Google.com and search for it and download it. I've had 2 installs lately where if I had not been paying attention the checkboxes, it would have installed the toolbar. Sorry, I know some people may like this, but I think a big company like Google should have more class than to do something like this. If you Google 'FireFox', the first link is version of FireFox with the Google toolbar bundled in it. If you want it without, you have to scroll down through the search results and find the official FireFox page and download it from there. I wonder how many people got suckered into this Google spoof? Anyway, yes I am venting. Would like to hear your thoughts.|||Maybe you are bit tooooo angry with Google. But, yes, they are a bit irritating.|||I guess if someone willing to pay another software company, they will be most willing to ads for them.





Since we are just the user who offer zero, we have the choice to install it or not.





Normally, I will choice to not to install it.|||That's they way business goes. Google pays these companies for this, that's why you see it prepackaged like that. Usually it is quite easy to turn the toolbar off and to uninstall it.





Personally I prefer companies package the Google toolbar instead of some (much more) invasive and annoying spyware or spyware-like applications.





And when it comes for free software projects like Mozilla I'm glad they have another way to support themselves, even if it's like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment