Monday, December 19, 2011

How do I get the suggestions to come back in my google search toolbar?

My Firefox browser has a search toolbar in the top right hand corner that defaults to Google. In the past, when I would type in a few letters I would get some of my past searches popping up, but I would also get "suggestions" based on popular searches that other people had made. Now the suggestions are gone. Is there any way to make them come back?|||Right click inside the search box and a shortcut menu should appear. One of the options should be "Show Suggestions". It should have a check mark next to it. You can toggle the check mark on and off by clicking on it.





If it's not checked, click and restart the computer to make sure the change takes effect. If the check mark is present, click to remove and then restart your computer. When the computer reboots click it again and restart.





If the suggestions don't return, try clicking the small downward pointing arrow by the Google "G" and select another default search engine. If that doesn't help you might have a damaged or corrupt Firefox program. file. Uninstall Firefox and then reinstall a fresh copy.





wwbgd|||Thanks! I did what you said and it worked! It's amazing how something that I wrestled with forever was so simple when I just followed your instructions. Thank you so much.

Report Abuse

No comments:

Post a Comment