Saturday, December 24, 2011

How do I delete the search suggestions in the Google Toolbar in the top right corner of my screen on firefox?

Basically I have a little Google search box in the top right hand corner of the screen and I'm not going to lie, I searched for some things that I do not want everyone to know that I searched. I tried deleting web history and deleting search history on Google but neither worked. How can I get rid of the search suggestions that come up when you type something in?|||Click on the "Tools" menu in the FireFox menu bar. Select Add-Ons. A window will open with 4 tabs showing - choose "PlugIns". From there you should be able to disable certain Google functions that have been installed as plugins with FireFox.





I forget which one disables the search memory, so you'll have to disable each one ( plugin ) and test it to see which one is the function you want disabled.|||In the 'search box' drop arrow%26gt; manage search engines%26gt; uncheck 'show search suggestions'%26gt; OK out.





Google will keep records of ALL searches, not on the host machine.


To make things a bit more private, try "Google Sharing" an add on that proxies your Google search and deters this behavior.


Firefox add-on: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox…





Firefox: clearing history: an overlooked setting...


Some sites will be 'remembered' even when you've cleared history, and all the other 'regular' system-traceable items.


In Tools%26gt; Preferences%26gt; Privacy: with checked "Clear history when Firefox closes" %26gt; Settings button: on the next window, check the box "Site preferences"; otherwise it will save the settings for that site, such as % zoom, and others.


This may be an extractable set of values if someone is snooping around.

No comments:

Post a Comment